Hello! I’m really sorry it’s been quiet here lately. A family emergency first came up about a month ago, and I didn’t have the time or the frame of mind to post for a couple of weeks. Since then, I have also been adapting to a new schedule with my new job. For a while, I felt like I had been going non-stop and I still feel very busy now. Additionally, school starts back up this week. But don’t worry! I am planning and preparing posts so I can continue! I am really excited to share what I have planned! For today, I want to share this delicious recipe with you.
Do you know of a place that has awesome, mouth-watering breakfast food? Jensen’s Cafe in Burnsville, MN is one of those places, and they have a meal on the menu that includes scrambled eggs, cream cheese, and salmon. It’s so good! I decided to recreate my own version at home one day when I experimented with scrambled eggs, salmon, and some other additions. When I tried it, I knew it was a recipe I wanted to post! I’ve been looking forward to sharing it!
Also, good news!: This is an easy recipe. Those are always nice to have! If you love salmon, it’s definitely something to try! The eggs are fluffy, and the flavors go so well together! For my meal, I paired it with some roasted veggies and red pepper sauce. Mmmm! The restaurant serves their dish with breakfast potatoes, and that or steamed/sauteed veggies would be good with it too.
Before I get to the recipe, I want to tell you about my next post. Tomorrow, I will be posting part one of a recap of my Whole45 experience, including pictures of more of my meals. You won’t want to miss these recap posts that are coming up! I get into some good stuff! It gets real, haha. 🙂
Leave a comment if you try this recipe! I’d love to hear about your favorite breakfast places too! “See” you tomorrow!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 piece of cooked salmon, cut into small strips or pieces
- 2 Tbsp coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp cooking fat of choice (I like coconut oil or ghee)
- 1/3 tsp dill
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp pepper
- Whisk the eggs, coconut milk, and juice of 1/2 of the lemon together in a large bowl.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Once it’s hot, put the cooking fat in and spread it around with a spatula to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Cook over medium heat and stir frequently. Scrape the bottom of the pan with a spatula as you stir to keep it from sticking.
- When the eggs are almost done, add the salmon to the pan. Stir to combine and heat up the salmon.
- When the eggs are cooked through, turn the heat down to low. Add the dill, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Turn off the heat and squeeze lemon juice on top to taste. I think the more, the better. 🙂
- Serve warm and enjoy!